Sunday, February 23, 2014

I Heart Vintage

Our house was built in the 1920's. When we bought it according to the records it had been in the same family since it was built. The great granddaughter had it remodeled and did everything she could to leave the vintage feel including a light blue ceiling for the front porch and most of the original door knobs (refurbished). 

Although my taste is a little more modern I love mixing vintage things in so I thought I would share a couple of my latest projects. Eventually I would love to have granite countertops and dark wood cabinets in the kitchen (yes I have a Pinterest folder for that). Until I win the lottery I have gone with a vintage theme. The walls are a mint green and I've added red vintage accents. Recently, I got a kitchen table at Ikea to save from constantly cleaning the dining room but it didn't look vintage enough. I found these cute chairs for $3.99 at Goodwill.


Yes they were a little rough but vintage none the less! I pulled out some mint paint leftover from the kitchen and went to work! The result turned out pretty good!


Another project I did a few weeks back was a china cabinet. A lady from our church gave me her old china cabinet. It was also a little vintage!


I painted it my favorite color, red! It turned out perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment